Wear it, don’t warehouse it!
Do you have any unworn, old or broken pieces of jewellery lying around, unloved in your jewellery box? Maybe now is the right time to consider remodelling your jewellery?
Many people have inherited jewellery that while sentimental, is no longer their style. Or maybe you have a piece that has become damaged or is no longer wearable. Why not have these pieces transformed into something wonderful that you can and actually want to wear. Remodelling jewellery is a great way to give new life and new meaning to old precious pieces.
Apart from the fact that ‘up styling’ jewellery means you now have beautiful modern pieces that can be worn every day, you may also discover that your pieces are now worth a lot more than you think. Remodelling jewellery can add a lot of value to the piece, provided it has been done by a reputable jeweller. When a piece of jewellery is damaged, it loses any manufacturing value that it might once of had. When it is valued – damaged or unwearable jewellery is only given gold and base stone value.
What’s involved in remodelling jewellery?
- First gather up any jewellery, whether you think it is valuable or not.
- Sometimes the things that you think are worthless might have some partial gold in them. A qualified jeweller, will be able to quickly tell you what’s real or not, and whether there is any value there.
- Have some idea of what you would like to remodel your jewellery into
- Having a starting point will make it a lot easier for your designer to help you create something amazing from your old pieces. While it is the designers job to give you the ideas of what is possible, having an idea before you come in, will definitely cut down a lot of the design time.
- Work our a budget
- Whether you a remodelling a kitchen or a piece of jewellery it is always a great idea to work out how much you want to spend on the remodelling. Depending on what you have and what your new vision is, it could cost anywhere from $500 – $2000 or more. If you have expensive taste and would like to add more diamonds or other coloured gemstones to the piece, this would be an extra cost on top of the piece.
“Jewellery doesn’t belong in a drawer!”
Gather it up and visit us for a complimentary design consultation, and see how we can help you create something amazing from your unworn pieces. In your design consult, we will sit down with you and go through everything that you have and draw a 3D image of your new dream piece. You never know, you could discover thousands of dollars in value lying in your drawer!