18ct gold is harder than 9ct
- Professional Cleaning This is the best option. We ask that you come and see us at least once a year to have your Xennox Diamonds Ring cleaned and checked by our jewellers.
- Mild Liquid Detergent Soak your jewellery in a small bowl of warm, soapy water made with any mild liquid detergent and household ammonia. Gently brush the diamond jewellery with a soft toothbrush while it is in the suds. Then, rinse each piece under warm running water. Make sure to always stopper your sink.
- Jewellery Cleaners We have a range on jewellery cleaners for sale, that range from a solution only to a cleaner with battery operated ultrasonic that vibrates to clean the ring.
- Vodka on the Rocks No one is sure how it was actually discovered, but it is safe to say that at some point someone took the idea of a “vodka on the rocks” literally and discovered an imaginative way to clean their precious diamonds. Simply let the diamond soak in a glass of vodka. Preferably one you do not intend to drink.
- Our blog post also has some great tips on cleaning your jewellery
- Make an Impression in a bar of soap
- Trace the inside of the ring onto a piece of paper
- Place the ring on your finger as far as it will go and then mark it with a pen
- Have a friend of hers ask her finger size as a matter of curiosity.
- The safest way is to try and bring in one of her rings under the idea, that you are having it cleaned and checked.
- Ask the jeweller for a ring sizing kit, these are often disposable, and will keep her away from the jewellery store.